I came to Vermont Tech in 1989 after being a high school teacher for 15 years. From my first day of Grade 1, I knew I wanted to be a teacher. I love interacting with students and watching them grow personally and professionally. My college degree is in English Education, thus, most of the classes I teach focus on written and interpersonal communication. I am especially fascinated with the impact digital media has had on business communication and marketing. I teach at the Randolph Center campus and at the Williston campus, and this gives me the opportunity to work with all of Vermont Tech’s Business students.
I am a seventh generation Vermonter, but I spent five years in Atlanta, Georgia, where I worked in marketing and sales training. I have published several business textbooks for the McGraw-Hill Publishing Company. One of my passions as a high school teacher was working with Future Business Leaders of America, a student leadership organization. I served as the Vermont state advisor for six years, and I was on the FBLA National Board of Directors for two years. I have also enjoyed the opportunity to travel across the United States as an education and industry trainer.
One of my personal passions is helping to home school my 12-year-old granddaughter. I am an enthusiastic participant in social media, and I enjoy keeping in touch with Business graduates to follow their personal and professional successes. I love to spend time with friends and discover new destinations… new restaurants… and new wines. I was honored and humbled to receive the Harry G. Wirtz Master Teacher Award and the W. Robert Wonkka Advising Award at Vermont Tech. Every fall I look forward to meeting new students and welcoming returning students and helping them to experience their potential.
CJ Wang has been with Vermont Tech as a faculty since 2012. He is very passionate about teaching and quick to respond to his students’ emails. He has taught many courses, including C Programming, Operating Systems, Software Engineering, Senior Project, Advanced Web Design, Computer architecture, Computer organization, Object-Oriented Programming, Advanced System Administration, and Introduction to Java Programming.
Prior to pursuing his Ph.D. at Auburn University, he co-founded a high tech company in China and worked for it as Chief Software Engineer developing software for telecom products for over 12 years. The products he developed were certified by Nortel Networks and SIEMENS and won many contracts. He was awarded Outstanding Reviewer by the Journal of Computers & Electrical Engineering in 2014. As a reviewer, he has done reviews for many journals and conferences, including Parallel Computing- Elsevier, Computers & Electrical Engineering- Elsevier, The International Conference on Information Technology, The International Conference on Computing, Communications and Networking Technologies, and The International Symposium on Digital Forensics and Security.
- C. Wang and S. Baskiyar, “Extending flash lifetime in secondary storage,” Microprocessors and Microsystems, pp. 167-180, vol. 39, Elsevier, 2015.
- S. Baskiyar and C. Wang, "Split Disk-Cache Architecture to Reduce Read Miss Ratio," in Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networks (PDCN 2010), Innsbruck, Austria, Feb, 2010.
- C. Liu, X. Qin, S. Kulkarni, C. Wang, S. Li, A. Manzanares, and S. Baskiyar, “Distributed energy-efficient scheduling for data-intensive applications with deadline constraints on data grids,” Proc. 27th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC), Dec. 2008.
- C. Liu, S. Baskiyar, and C. Wang, “A distributed peer to peer grid scheduler,” Proceeding of the 18th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems (PDCS), Dallas Nov. 2006.
- S. Baskiyar, and C. Wang, “A method and apparatus for a second channel between cache and memory,” United States patent pending, Nov. 2006.
- J.Pang, C. Chen, C. Wang, Y. Wang, and Y. Shu, "HT-7 Machine Control System," IEEE Transaction on Nuclear Science, Vol. 41, No.1, February 1994.
Doug is a seasoned veteran in the renewable energy field with more than ten years of project management, design, and sales experience. Doug founded and manages a successful solar installation company in Central Vermont and is a NABCEP certified installer. His other interests include hiking, mountains, reading, music, and sustainable development.