- Type of Degree: Certificate
- Location: Williston Campus, Online, Randolph Center Campus
- Credit Requirements: 24
Learn to create stunning websites, and keep them running efficiently.
Demand for information technology professionals is strong and growing. Jobs in web development are projected to grow as fast as average or faster, with earnings potential above the national average. Employees with web development skills are highly valued by employers. Most businesses need an online presence, so work can be often found across industries and organizations.
This certificate is an ideal fit for an introduction to our other computer majors. Currently employed IT and marketing professionals will also benefit from added web skills.
These certificates are designed for the student who has already earned a degree from an accredited institution and would like to obtain higher-level skills. A student pursuing these certificates should have prior academic work or equivalent work experience.
To earn a certificate, a student must maintain a cumulative GPA for the entire certificate of at least 3.0. Courses in which the final grade is below a C don't count toward the certificate, but with permission from the host department, a subsequent course may be substituted. For a student with a particularly strong background, up to two courses may be waived with permission.
A student with a certificate in Web Development will be able to:
- Demonstrate fluency in an object-oriented programming language
- Develop complete websites
- Understand the concepts and practice of relational databases
- Scholarships: While there are no program-specific scholarships available at this time, additional scholarships are available.
News & Events
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.