Electrical Engineering Technology (AE)
- School of Engineering and Computing
- Type of Degree: Associate of Engineering (AE)
- Location: Randolph Center Campus, Williston Campus
- Program Accreditation: Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Credit Requirements: 64
Systems as different as computers, cell phones, smart grids, and wind turbines all employ similar tech. With a degree in Electrical Engineering Technology you will understand the concepts behind these systems and many others. Our labs have the instruments, power supplies, and controllers used widely in the industry.
Engineering technicians are an important piece of the puzzle. They work in research, development, design, production, or manufacturing of complex electrical, electronic, or electromechanical products. Testing, quality control, marketing, installation, and customer service are among the jobs available.
Like a challenge? Classes are scheduled for students to get a dual major in Computer Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology. With a two-year associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, you can go the extra mile by pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, or Business Technology & Management.
The ABET-ETAC program educational objectives and student outcomes are listed on the Curriculum page.
A student with an Associate of Engineering in Electrical Engineering Technology will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments and identify and use appropriate technical literature
- Conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments related to the discipline and analyze and interpret the results
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team
Educational objectives that are demonstrated during their workforce careers include:
- Professional skills: be immediately employable and productive in the workplace
- Engineering management skills: possess qualifications for positions of responsibility based on knowledge of necessary skills
- Engineering skills: demonstrate knowledge in both theory and application
- Innovation skills: engage in lifelong learning and adapt to new and emerging technologies; continue their formal education
The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Careers in Electrical Engineering Technology
2017 Median Pay (Electrical & Electronics Engineers) vs. National Median for All occupations (2017), Source: BLS
- IBM GLOBAL FOUNDRIES
- Collins Aerospace Nanya Technology Corporation
- Hallam-ICS Husky Injection Molding
- Catamount R&D N.E. Wire Technologies
- Instrumart Benoit Electric
- IBM Schiring Radiographic Imaging
- US. Army Oryza Group
- Nuflare Technology Green Mountain Power
- Optical Test & Fault Isolation Design Engineer
- ESD Lab Technician Maintenance Technician
- Equipment Technician Engineering Technician
- Physical Design Engineer Instrument Technician
- Electrical Engineer Technician Application Engineer
- Operator Field Engineer
- Assembly Technician
News & Events
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.